How do I create or change my Defender HD DVR Password?
Defender HD First Time Setup – How to set up and change your DVR password
Thank you for choosing Defender, and welcome to the first-time setup video – How to Setup and Change your DVR password
The first time you power on your DVR, the setup wizard will prompt you to create a password. This new password must meet these requirements:
- Six to Eight digits
- Can Contain Letters and Numbers
- No Special Characters – exclamation marks, dollar signs for example
- Cannot be sequential – 1 2 3 4 5 6
If the password doesn’t meet these requirements, an error message will appear when you save the change. You will need to enter a password meeting the requirements before you’re able to continue.
It’s important that the password is something you will remember but is not easily guessed. You may want to write the password down and store it somewhere safe.
This password will also be used as the Device Password in the Defender HD app for Mobile Viewing on your smartphone.
If you’ve forgotten your password and need a reset, please contact our customer experience team, documentation will be requested to verify ownership of the DVR. Your override password will expire at midnight on the day you receive the email. You will need to change the password using these steps:
- Access the Main menu
- Log in with the existing password
- Access the System menu
- Along the left side of the menu, select Users
- The selected user will be highlighted in blue
- Click Edit, a prompt will appear
- Select enable or disable, disable will end the requirement for a password and is not recommended for security reasons
- Enter your new password in the password field
- Re-enter the new password to confirm
These steps can also be used if you simply want to change the password to a new one.
For more information on Defender HD Setup, please visit Defender-usa.com