Wireless HD | How to Troubleshoot Video Loss or No Picture
In this video, we’ll walk you through the process of troubleshooting a blank camera image or loss of video signal on Defender HD.
Video loss on a surveillance system can manifest as a black screen and may occur after moving components or cables. The most common cause of video loss is loose connections or a loss of power.
To find the cause of the issue, follow these steps.
Confirm the DVR is not set to Covert mode – this setting can be found in the display section of the Parameter menu. Enabling Covert mode turns off the camera display, but the camera will still record as shown by a red M or R icon on the screen.
- Check that all connections are tight:
- Camera to DVR.
- Camera to Power Splitter.
- Power Splitter to Power Adapter.
- Power adapter to wall outlet.
- Unplug the camera from power and plug it back in.
- Switch the Yellow BNC connection on the back of the DVR to a known working video channel
- Remove the camera and power adapter from the four-way power splitter.
- Connect the non-working camera directly to the power adapter.
If the camera view is still blank. Please reach out to our Customer Experience team for further assistance.
For more great information and helpful guides, visit Defender-USA.com.