Defender HD | How to format a DVR Hard Drive
This process will clear your DVR hard drive of all footage, no settings will be affected by these steps.
This can be done to empty the hard drive, or clear hard drive error messages shown as a red box with a white H on the camera live view.
- Unplug your cameras from the video connections on the DVR.
- Unplug the DVR from power for ten seconds.
- Plug the DVR back into the power outlet.
- Wait until the HDD LED lights up or flashes red.
- Press the menu button on your remote or right click the mouse
- Log in using your 6-8 digits DVR password
You will now be in the main menu, complete these steps to format the hard drive
Step 1: Select the Device tab
Step 2: Select the HDD Menu
Step 3: Check the box under Select
Step 4: Select Format HDD
A message will appear advising you all data will be erased, click yes.
- Unplug the DVR from power.
- Reconnect the camera video cables.
- Reconnect the DVR to power.