Guard | How to Resolve Connection Issues
Complete the following steps to identify the root cause and resolve the issue. Whenever a connection is restored, you may stop following the troubleshooting steps.
If your camera does not have a red or green light, please follow the steps below.
1. Ensure all connections are tight, from the camera to the power supply, any extension cables, and from the power supply to the outlet.
2. Test on another outlet.
3. If you have a second Guard camera, swap the power supply to test if power is restored to the camera.
4. Once power is restored, please repeat the pairing steps.
If you have an iPhone, please follow the steps outlined below.
1. Click on the Phone settings icon for your phone, not the app
2. From the search bar at the top type in Defender Guard
3. Please click on Defender Guard
4. Next please allow access to the local network by toggling the on the button so it is green
5. Please close out the Defender Guard app completely, and ensure that it is not running in the background.
6. Please reopen the app. For the new settings to take effect.
If you have an Android phone, please follow the steps outlined below.
1. Please click on settings for your phone settings.
2. Next please click on apps.
3. Please scroll through the available apps, and select Defender Guard.
4. On this page you will see app info. Please click on permissions and ensure that the camera has permission to access your Wi-Fi and local network.
Please follow the steps below to fully reset your Guard camera. Click here for the video steps.
1. Power cycle the camera by unplugging it from the power for 1 minute and then plugging it back in
2. Unscrew the Philips screws on the lower cover to access the SD card and reset button.
3. Remove the lower cover.
4. To reset the camera, press and hold the reset button until it flashes red
5. Once the camera light is flashing green, please reconnect the camera.
6. Tap the + icon to add a new camera.
7. Scan the QR code on the bottom of the camera.
8. Tap Next.
9. Now enter the Wi-Fi password for the network you are connected to.
10. Confirm that the LED Indicator is flashing green. Then tap Next.
11. Turn up the volume on your device and it will communicate securely with your camera.
12. Enter a password to protect your camera.
13. If you like, you change the default camera name to your choosing. Ensure time settings are correct.
Before connecting your Guard to the Guard App, your mobile phone must be connected to a stand-alone 2.4GHz network. This means, that if you are using a dual network with both signals on the same channel, you will need to separate the signal. Once this is completed, connect your mobile phone WiFi to the 2.4 GHz network. Internet service providers offer this service free of charge and can separate your network over the phone.
Why does Defender use a 2.4GHz network? The 2.4GHz frequency is used for long-range connections and has optimal coverage versus a 5GHz frequency. Smart security cameras are typically installed outdoors therefore, a 2.4GHz frequency is an optimal network to provide better penetration of materials such as brick, concrete, metal, vinyl, and/or other potential obstacles, giving your camera a stable network connection. Please note, once the camera is connected to the app, the camera footage can be viewed by any type of internet connection you can change your mobile phone network to any frequency and view the cameras.